The news of having a baby is truly heartwarming and mind-boggling, and the excitement from anticipation builds up as the date of delivery comes close. Alongside the overflowing excitement, the parents-to-be have a lot of concerns with regards to preparing for the birth of their little one, including, of course, choosing the best play yard in the market.
A play yard is a major purchase and can be considered an investment since it is a major item that your baby will use often. It will be the baby’s safe haven for playing and sleeping. It is therefore important that the play yard that you will purchase is of quality standard and is durable enough to withstand the movement of your babies from birth until they become toddlers.
Features of the Fisher-Price Ultra-Lite Day and Night Play Yard
The Fisher-Price Ultra-Lite Day and Night Play Yard features triple versatility. It is a sleeper, a diaper changer, and a play space all at the same time!
Newborns can sleep comfortably in the leaning sleeper with a back seat that supports their normal position and a head support with cushion. The leaning sleeper is removable and has a machine-washable head support and insert. When your babies outgrow the sleeper, they can sleep safely and comfortably in the standard-sized play yard mat, which is nicely padded and folds up easily with no wobbling pieces.
The play yard also comes with a travel changing clutch and a vinyl changing pad that is easy to clean and has a compartment for baby wipes. The play yard weighs only 15 lbs. That is half the usual weight of portable play yards in the market! The play yard comes with a carry bag that allows for easy transport and storage.
|Dimensions||8.5”x 26.5”x 23”|
The Fisher-Price Ultra-Lite Day and Night Play Yard has a lot of good features that are beneficial to both babies and the parents. Babies can stay safe and comfortable, and parents will have a hassle-free transport of the compact and lightweight play yard.
- The play yard is lightweight. It only weighs 15 lbs., which is half the usual weight of play yards in the market.
- Size is perfect for those who live in small apartments.
- The weight and foldable feature make the play yard portable. It is now easy to bring across rooms and on vacations.
- The play yard can be assembled easily and can be taken down with the same ease.
- It features triple versatility. It is a leaning sleeper, a diaper changer, and a play space all at the same time!
- The safety of your baby is ensured with the three-point safety belt feature of the sleeper.
- The play yard mat folds up quickly with no wobbling pieces
- The mattress can fit most standard crib sheets.
- Both the sleeper pad and head support are machine washable.
- Diaper changing is made easy with the built-in pocket and a handy changing clutch.
The play yard has too much to offer and has almost no drawbacks.
- The leaning sleeper can be used for a limited duration only. Babies who have learned how to roll over are no longer recommended to stay in the sleeper.
The Fisher-Price Ultra-Lite Day and Night Play Yard offers a lot of convenience to parents and provides a safe and comfortable sleeping and playing space for both babies and toddlers. It is an inclined or a leaning sleeper, a diaper changer, and a play space all at the same time! What more can parents ask for? Here is a lightweight and portable play yard for your baby’s sound sleep and safe playtime!
The Graco Pack ‘n Play Playard Jetsetter Sunshine is a play yard that intends to offer the same portability and security as the Fisher-Price Ultra-Lite Day and Night Play Yard. The former is more expensive though and does not have a leaning sleeper where baby can sleep comfortably.
Fisher-Price Ultra-Lite Day and Night Play Yard
Graco Pack ‘n Play Playard Jetsetter Sunshine
|Widget||15 lbs.||21 lbs.|
|Dimension||8.5”x 26.5”x 23”||27”x 38.9”x 36.5”|
|Sleeper||Leaning sleeper with back and cushioned head support||Flat bassinet|
|Domed canopy to shield light||No||Yes|
The Fisher-Price Ultra-Lite Day and Night Play Yard is a very good value for money. Its versatility, portability, and safety features make it a valuable purchase. The parents can now have peace of mind because their baby is safe and secured when he sleeps and plays. There is no other thing that parents want but the safety and comfort of their babies. This play yard is surely worth every penny spent on it.