As an Amazon Associate, Baby Travel Chronicles earns from qualifying purchases.
Traveling with a baby is challenging. Apart from a baby getting fussy every now and then, parents also face the challenge of figuring out which baby gear to bring on a trip. There is just too much to bring, including milk cans and bottles, blankets, changing tables, strollers, and cribs. Thankfully, lightweight travel cribs are now available.
Instead of lugging around a cot, a stroller, and a highchair, we now have the convenience to take just one gear with us when going on a trip somewhere. If you are wondering if this baby gear is worth it, check out the benefits and advantages of a lightweight travel crib.
Why invest in lightweight travel cribs?
- These cribs are generally small and lightweight, designed for convenience when traveling.
- They are compact, making them easy to put in the car trunk.
- Apart from being used for travel or vacation, they can also be used as a second bed at home.
- Lightweight travel cribs are also easy to assemble. They come with a bag for easy storage as well. These cribs take lesser space when not in use.
- They are portable and easy to pack. Because they do not have loose ends to connect, they are easy to clean up and store.
- The heavier ones, though compact, are proven to be durable even when they’re made for travel. You can even use it as your baby’s play yard when they get bigger.
- Cribs are generally the best sleeping place for your baby. It keeps them safe from falling when they start moving as they grow.
- When bought from a reputable brand, you can be sure that the lightweight travel crib you purchase is made of materials proven and guaranteed safe for babies.
Because these cribs are made for traveling, you can expect them to be easy to carry around. There is no need to worry about where to put the baby when staying in a hotel, because you can easily set it up. The travel cribs usually come with bassinets, too. It is then easier to put your baby and get him when you need to, instead of bending over and risk getting posture problems.
Lightweight travel cribs sometimes get sold with changing tables. That makes them an all-in-one baby gear, making it easy to pack even when you are in a hurry. Another advantage is how they can also be used as playpens when you have a toddler that’s hard to keep up with. You get your money’s worth and even more since your kid could use them as he grows.
Because people naturally love traveling, it is no surprise that more and more types of lightweight travel cribs are now available as choices.
- There are smaller ones, which are naturally lighter and easier to bring. This type is popular to parents with very small babies, and is usually made of lightweight plastic. Compact and easily assembled, smaller travel cribs also tend to be a little more affordable than the other types.
- The medium ones are not very light and not very heavy either, hence the term. These travel cribs are made of more durable, thicker plastic material. They can also be made of steel bars for foundation. Despite those differences, they stay compact and more lightweight than the big ones we permanently stock at home.
- The bigger ones are, of course, heavier, typically made of wood. They can be harder to assemble and pack, but are more durable and can stand a longer test of time. Heavier travel cribs are a little tricky to bring when traveling. They could be used when you’re going on long vacations, which could be a good thing because their durability is sure to pay off when your kids get bigger.
The popularity of lightweight travel cribs started from the growing interest on family travels. Families love going on holidays, both long and short ones, to spend quality time with their children when they are free of work. It is harder to travel with infants and toddlers because of the special care they need.
With the help of these lightweight compact cribs, packing for a trip and getting your baby adjusted is easier than ever. Buying one for your child does not only make traveling with them easier, it will also make them more comfortable—making these cribs worth it for sure.
BabyTravelChronicles.Com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com